Friday, September 2, 2022

One MONTH

Folks,

I started riding one month ago today!

It’s difficult to convey the total experience of the Great Divide Mountain Bike Ride through this blog. Molly has been doing an amazing job with the material she receives from me when I have connectivity. Thanks Molly!

Obviously, I can’t transmit every picture or every fleeting thing I see. Thanks for following along and using your imagination to fill in the gaps!

As on my last long distance bike trip, I am aware that the only thing I need to do in a day's work is get as far as I can, make sure I get enough calories, and use my brakes when it makes sense.

I am equally aware of all the hard work that is going on in your daily activities: colleagues squeezing money from a stone to finance desperately needed housing; teachers and principals who are still finding creative ways to regain the years and lessons lost to the pandemic and supporting youth on a regular basis; doctors and nurses who navigate the path between sickness and healthand so much other good work. And all I have to do right now is go from mountain to mountain. 

I am also aware of the financial donations folks have made on behalf of Apprentice Learning, the fundraising aspect of this jaunt. Working with middle school students, everyone at Apprentice Learning is also at the nexus of the past/future of these kids by helping them access informative introductions to careers and helping them build skills and interests that they can carry forward into high school and beyond.

I want to individually thank each of you who have made a contribution. Under the circumstances, I will be able to do that in the autumn!  I assure you as an AL volunteer and board memberyour donation will be effective and well-managed. It’s a huge help to Apprentice Learning to have you in our corner.


Apprentice Learning workshops


If you haven’t yet contributed and would like to, please do by September 24 (the actual day of the Rodman Ride for Kids, when the ride isn't spread over 60 days!)  $10k is a lofty goal but we are 50% there: no donation is too small to help.  

As I keep crossing the Great Divide, I think of the opportunities we all have to close the divides that exist: in Apprentice Learning's case, access to opportunity.

Thanks again for following along.  I’ll try to keep it interesting!

Tim


Tim's urban planning teaching module for Apprentice Learning students.


1 comment:

  1. Could not be more proud of you, Tim! Enjoy your time and go easy on yourself. :)
    Thank you Molly for spending the time and energy to give us updates!

    ReplyDelete